CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Drew!



Drew woke up to tell me it is his birthday and he is three! Then went right into, cake? where is the cake? I had made cupcake last night so after breakfast we had birthday cupcakes! He was thrilled and so happy! Natalie, his speech therapist came for the last time today and it was kinda sad! You get so used to having these people come by and the become your friends...I am sure we will keep in touch with most of them! Drew will miss his friends....but glad to have it behind him!



Tonight we are having pizza and cupcakes for dinner to celebrate! I think we will wait and do presents on Sunday with the family...unless Drew asks for them today! It is so exciting to have Drew be three but at the same time it is so hard.....I think that it takes years to heal. Andy and I were talking about how in a sense you get robbed of knowing what it is like to have a baby....But we had Kail to experience it fully so it is amazing how God wove that experience back into our lives. I think we will always remember hearing the Doctor say Drew did not make it and then hearing the shouting of "we have a heartbeat" and the feelings that went along with it! For 3 days we expected the worse and God gave us the best, a spirited little man that fought tooth and nail to grace us all with his presence! Oh, what a difference he will make in the world with that spirit! Seeing him today makes the "horrible" experience so much easier to deal with. Sometimes it was almost like we never dealt with or grieved for the situation because of surgeries, birthdays and then being pregnant again. So now it is sometimes overwhelming!
I know Andy and never could have made it this far without our amazing families and friends to remind us to keep on going! God truly can work Miracles and we are so blessed to have seen one with our very own eyes! Our lives changed so much three years ago, our new baby, our love and our faith. Thank you for always being there to hold our hands, cry with us and then the best....to celebrate with us! So lets all raise our glasses tonight and wish Drew a very Happy Birthday and Thank God for miracles, friends and families! We love you all madly!

0 comments: