CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July

Drew will be 3 in 17 days....can you believe it? I sure can't believe he is so big! He has come so far...from 1 lb 8 ozs to over 30 pounds! 12 inches long to over 3 feet tall! Since he is three he no longer receives services from Early Intervention - it is a state program that helps kids who are at risk for delays. It is a wonderful program and we are sad to loose it but glad for it to be over. Drew received therapy 3 times a week from it and it got rather overwhelming at times for him and I. It is a big milestone to reach! Drew will still receive his Governor Morehead School for the Blind services and so we will have therapy just once a week. I think that will be a welcome change for us! I have also signed him up for Preschool, 2 days a week and I really think he will love it. It is a a great opportunity since a great friend of ours is going to be his teacher - that makes me willing to let him go and be a big boy! I know I will be a train wreck for the first few days but it will be great for him! I am hoping the peer pressure helps him get potty trained! He is not interested in it at all so I don't push it and know one day he will be interested!

With Drew in School, Kail and I will have some time together which I think will be really good. I tend to have time alone with Drew when Kail is napping but rarely time with Kail alone. So I can't wait to have that chance. Kail is a monster and an adorable monster! He is a very needy child and wants his mommy all day long. Most days it drives me crazy but I have learned to cook, clean and even shower with him connected to my leg. Andy tries to take him and play when he is home but Kail finds me somehow. I don't think Andy understands that I am so used to it that I don't expect to have time alone unless it is bedtime! Kail is so much fun and giggles at everything. He has this smile that lights up his whole face when he sees you and then this mean horrible crying when he is mad. Drew is always very even with his temperament and tends to be calmer....Kail is from one end of the spectrum to the other in minutes!

Andy and I love them both so much! We are finally into the groove of juggling the kid time and then our time. It is really nice to finally be at a place where we make time to have with each other. It is so important to still be us, a couple and then be parents too! I think it will be something that is a constant struggle and is probably with all parents. I had no idea how easy it was to neglect him and him neglect me. It is so nice that we are aware we have to have time off and alone but have family time too! So we are doing well and Andy is busy at work...as usual!

I don't know what else to say...I feel like I have gone on forever! Things are great and we are excited to celebrate the big three with Drew. We are having a small family party and just keeping it simple! I think Drew will enjoy it since he has actually picked most of the stuff out - so fun when they get to have an opinion! I wish everyone a great fourth of July and we send our love to all!

0 comments: